How can I unlock my iPhone?
Remember: before following these instructions, you should first order your iPhone unlock.
Once you have received our email confirming that you iPhone is ready to be unlocked, please carefully follow these instructions:
Before you can unlock your iPhone, make sure that you check the following:
- - Your computer is connected to the Internet
- - You have iTunes version 7.7 or later in your computer
- - Insert your original SIM card and turn on the iPhone.
- - Open the iTunes program and connect the iPhone to the computer using the USB cable.
- - Wait until your iPhone appears in the Devices and select your iPhone.
- - Open the Summary tab and make sure you can see the information about your iPhone.
- - In the summary screen, click the Restore button.
- - If prompted to back up your iPhone, make sure that you select or click the Back Up button.
Warning: If you do not back up your iPhone, all your saved media and other data will be erased and you may not be able to recover it.
A confirmation window will appear to restore your iPhone. Make sure that you select or click the Restore and Update button to continue.
Read the “Important Information” displayed on the screen as this will describe to you the improvements included in the software update version. Click the Next button to continue.
- You will be prompted to read and agree with the “Software License Agreement”. Click Agree button to continue.
- Wait until the process is completed. Do not interrupt your computer or disconnect the iPhone from the USB cable. You will notice that the software will be downloaded by your computer from the iTunes store. A progress message will be displayed during the entire process.
Note: This process may take awhile. Depending on your internet connection and the software update file, this process can take at least 30 minutes.
Once your iPhone has been restored, the iPhone will automatically restart. Do not disconnect your iPhone. Leave it until it re-appears in iTunes.
- Your iPhone will automatically connect to iTunes store and will be activated and unlocked.
- You should now be able to use your iPhone with other operator's SIM card.
Question 1: My phone asks to enter a PIN number
Answer: Make sure that you have entered the SIM PIN before activating or restoring your iPhone
Question 2: My handset displays a different message than what is shown in this procedure.
Answer: Depending on your computer’s operating system, the procedure steps and messages may differ slightly from what is described in this procedure. Just follow the online screen messages to continue the process.
Question 3: An error message appears saying "We could not complete your iTunes store request due to an unknown error..." and the device requires to be connected to iTunes.
Answer: A connection error to the iTunes store may have occurred. Disconnect the iPhone from the USB connector and reconnect it again. This will start another request to iTunes store for activation and unlocking.
Question 4: My handset does not release from the Original Network.
Answer: It may take up to 48 hours for your device to release from the Apple Database. Please attempt the above process again after this period. Should you continue to experience difficulties following this period, please email firstname.lastname@example.org advising the exact error or issue displayed for escalation to Apple.